Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear Home,

   Lately I have been listening to a song by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, quite the name, it's called, "Home." To me the song is about the need in our hearts for a home, the place where you feel most comfortable and welcome to be yourself. It speaks to me not only because it has a great rhythm but because the message is, "home is whenever I'm with you."
   Ryan and I bought a home in Alabama, a year ago this month and we have lived there for a total of four months, Ryan only spent two months there. We often joke about not remembering where home is, even though we have an address. It makes me really anxious knowing that we spent so much time cleaning our house and putting it together just to leave it unfinished. The hardest thing I have had to deal with is moving back into my parents, its very hard for my mom and I not to clash and realize that the two of us are now adults.
   Thankfully I have music to ground me and the message in this song has helped me to realize that, "home is where ever I am with you." "You," being Ryan of course. I love you Ryan, I am thrilled to be spending another couple months with you in a hotel. Until we reach, "The Beautiful," we always have Lynard Skynard to keep our spirits up.



No comments:

Post a Comment