- 4 chicken breast
- 10oz. fresh baby spinach or thawed frozen
- 4oz. asiago cheese
- 6 or more baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 1TBP butter
- 8 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper
- italian blend herbs about a TBP or 2 TBP of dijon mustard.
Putting it together.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Once melted add chopped mushrooms. When they have browned lightly add spinach and saute.
2. Lay two slices of bacon side by side on a work surface. Then lay your chicken breast on top. Season with spices. Add the sauteed spinach and mushrooms and slices of asiago spinach. Then start from the bottom and roll up the chicken and place into a casserole dish.
3. Bake in oven for 35 minutes then heat oven to 500F and broil until the bacon has browned and crisped about 5 minutes on each side. Then enjoy.
At the bottom of my dish there was some delicious juices which would have been great for making gravy and serving over the top of the chicken roll up and some mash potatoes but I had already made pesto orzo pasta to serve with our chicken. Also I noticed that most of the cheese oozed out into the bottom of the pan but I didn't notice until after we had finished and I was draining the juice for a rainy day. So just a heads up, make sure to serve that with yours.
And for dessert... BEER FLOATS!
One bottle of stout beer, we used cream stout but an oatmeal stout or chocolate stout would be yummy. And then an extra large scoop of ice-cream, vanilla or chocolate.
Mmmmm, tastes like an espresso coffee drink, only better because it gets you a little buzzed.