Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shredded Asian Pork, Slow Cooked In A Dutch Oven




     While driving home from work today, I realized I had a problem, missing potatoes. No potatoes for dinner is a huge problem for a girl from Idaho who learned how to cook from her Grandma, who also lives in Idaho, growing potatoes. So when faced with this problem and having already commented to pork loin roast for dinner I had to think of what else you can do with pork loin, so I shredded it!
       Since I haven't made this before and I wasn't sure if it would be any good or if I had wasted a couple pounds of pork, I didn't take a lot of pictures and really only could snap one in between Ryan taking bites. Well it turned out, how could it not, I am a genius!

      Instructions 

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Place pork roast in dutch oven and add soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and sriracha. Cook for 2 hours, basting every half hour. Add carrots when there is half an hour left of cooking time. 
  2. Make you som rice. I used the minute version but be warned, it actually takes five. (grrr) 
  3. When the pork is done cooking, let it rest and then slice it into about 4 chunks and put it in your mixer with the paddle attachment for a minute until shredded. 
  4. Put it all in a bowl and mix it up and eat it. Nom! 
Mmmm look at that caramelization, this is why I love my french oven and its so easy to clean. 




Recipe
  • 2 pound pork loin 
  • 2 cups water 
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon ginger 
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha
  • 2 tablespoon garlic 
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar 
  • 2 to 4 cups of carrots 

No comments:

Post a Comment