Friday, November 18, 2011

A Holiday Tradition

     This year, like most every year, people will be lining up outside department stores in the early hours of Black Friday. We shoppers will welcome the often cold, horrible weather that comes along with this somewhat unhealthy tradition, choke fatigue with coffee and step on the weak, in hopes to score on AMAZING deals!
    Last year, Ryan and I got everything we wanted and it was all because we had a plan. Carefully coordinating the time the store opened with value of savings and multiplying that by pie, yes I mean pumpkin.
We mapped out the area where the goal was most likely to be and ran straight to it, not stopping for anything, except Pam, we didn't leave her behind.
    This year I hope to do the same thing, we are going to be in Boise so I know the layout pretty well however, I haven't really found what I am looking for in the ads online. It's kind of upsetting because without a target item, I don't know if I will still get the same adrenaline pumping through my veins. Hopefully when the ads come out on Sunday I will find what I am looking for.
    And just what am I looking forward to fighting for if need be? I thought you would never ask...

Harry Potter bluray complete box set 1-8. Problem is, its only out in the UK from what I can make of it. 


Surely you saw this coming, Harry Potter hard back book set 1-7


A cuisinart hand mixer in a funky color or stainless.


And a Les Creuset dutch oven.



     I just have not seen these items in any ads what-so-ever. I guess that I will just be coming along for the ride this year and possibly seeing what amazon.com is doing on Black Friday, they promise movies will be on sale so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the blurays.
     Is anyone else going shopping this year? What's on your list, I would love to know.
 
   Oh and as a side note, all of these gifts are things that both Ryan and I want. I know you might be thinking why would Ryan want a mixer? Well I have a very simple answer to that, cookie dough, cake batter, whipped cream, whipped potatoes, and so much more. It's Ryan's birthday today, I didn't get him anything, not even a home cooked meal, he didn't want to do anything but it looks like we are going to have to go to dinner and someone is going to have to give him a birthday cake anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment