Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bathtub Laundry

   Let me just start off by saying, I love my LG top of the line washer and dryer. Those babies can wash and dry a weeks worth of laundry in about 45 minutes. They are high efficient, quiet and sing to me when they are done, like they love their job. You know, when I get home, I am naming those two and I am going to clean up and paint their home. <3
   Now that I have said what I need to say about my lovely appliances at home I am going to talk about my lack there of here, once again, in my hotel room. I do all of our laundry in the bathtub. It is terrible and the armpits of our shirts are hard with deodorant. I have to admit, I am a bit lazy about doing it but come on! I do it in a freaking bathtub! My aunt Jennifer would freak out if she knew this was going on, I think she does like five loads a day because she just loves it that much.
   Yesterday I decided that enough was enough and I was going to make Ryan take it to the base and do it there. I always forget that the bases have laundry mats because, well he never tells me because he thinks I like doing laundry. So I went to the store and I grabbed a couple individual Tide soaps, you know to make it really easy and fool proof for him.

He smiled and said, "You know its probably going to come back brown because of the water here."
 
   I figured a little dingy from the water but clean none the less, works for me because I am sick of hard armpits. This morning I asked him if he knew how to separate laundry and that really seemed to irritate him. I thought that I had insulted his intelligence but it just turns out he didn't want to because it would make him late if he did that.

"Really!? You think that might be why your clothes come out brown?!?!"

   So I separate them for him and he takes only the whites so he doesn't have to be away from work too long. You know, I would think if I worked at a desk job, I would look for any reason at all to leave. When he gets there he has an email waiting for me and the entire base smells like crap.
   Yep, the sewer broke and the water is being rationed.

The rules are as follows:

< 3 minute showers,
paper plates in the dinning hall,
let it mellow if its yellow,
and no laundry mat.

   So I guess at least I have some real laundry soap for doing my bathtub laundry, that should be much better than the shower gel from the hotel that I had been using. I did all of the laundry in Germany with a little more success and I believe it was because I had to use the shower to do, so I usually just did it while showering. I will give a bit of a how to, if you are ever in this same situation.
 
How To: Bathtub Laundry


You will need: Laundry soap, bathtub, dirty laundry, clothes line, time. Optional, basin.

  1. Place your laundry in the bath tub or if your shower has a bit of a base, use the shower. 
  2. Run warm water over the laundry and add soap, let it soak for about 10 minutes or longer if you are lazy like me. 
  3. Take a shower, using your feet at the tumbler, stomp on your clothes to create agitation while getting clean yourself. 
  4. Rinse with cool water, stomp and repeat. 
  5. Ring out the water and hang up to dry. 
This process will take a long time and you will not look forward to doing laundry but at least you will be cleanish...  I have to go do laundry now. Hope all of you at home enjoy your washing machines, give them a hug for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment