Friday, June 17, 2011

Damn you Abu Dhabi!

   Ryan found out yesterday that we are getting to go home a month sooner. Yay!!!! As soon as I get home I am going to have a bbq, wether anyone other than Ryan, Beau and I come is unknown because this is the first time I have even mentioned it. I just really, really want bbq.
   The first time I tried it was at Jim n Nick's in Birmingham, Alabama. It's one of Ryan's and his families favorite places to go. Pam always gets the "more cluck for your buck" a potato stuffed with bbq chicken, cheese, and sour cream :) If your mouth is not salivating yet, it will be. The picture above is their pulled pork sandwich, the flavor is a smokey, sweet, spicy medley in your mouth.
   Yesterday, Paula Deen went to Birmingham and her and her family all went to Jim n Nick's! I have never been so close and so far from meeting her in my life! I love watching her cooking shows and using her recipes as guidelines really, she kind of cooks like a lady from the 50's in my opinion. Like with a lot of frozen and canned foods and mayo and butter of course. The butter is my favorite part though.
   My other favorite bbq joint is Dreamland. Ryan and I are the only ones who have gone there though. No matter how hard I try, I can not seem to convince Chateau Hard to go there. Their sauce is the vinegar based kind, its thin and they bring you a hot cup of it to dip white bread in. It gets all over your hands, face and anything you touch. The sides are my favorite part I think, I don't really know, I love it all.
   

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog.
    Here is very interesting information that is very useful for us. Thanks for sharing
    Best Steak Sandwich in Abu Dhabi | Saj Sandwiches

    ReplyDelete