Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Counting the Days.

   Harry Potter is a book series by J.K Rowling, for those of you who live under a rock, that was made into epic movies. When it came to the states it was a huge hit and has since then has made an enormous impact on kids lives and will continue to do so for many years just like Star Wars has done.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zCNHVMIYqiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

   Everything about these movies draws you in. When I hear the original soundtrack, the hair on the back of neck stands up and I get goose bumps. Seeing Professor McGonagal change from a cat into herself, mind blowing! Oh and who remembers the first time they saw Diagon Alley? I can't wait for the one in Florida to get finished.
   The movies have been tastefully done, I read the book before the came out and every character was exactly how I imagined. After the first movie came out, I decided to rather just wait for the movie than to read, I was kind of a lazy child and the movies were just so good! I can remember going to see the fifth one with Michelle, the theater was PACKED and it was one of those great audiences. The kind of audience that fuels the entire theater experience. We all got mad when Umbridge was made head master and cringed whenever she did that satanic laugh giggle thing. It was one of the greatest movie experiences of my life.
I really hate this woman and she isn't even real.

   They released the last movie in two parts and the first part came out this last November. In anticipation of its release Ryan downloaded all of the movies, since he hadn't seen them and we watched a new one everyday until it was finally time. We went for his birthday and after seeing it, I was hooked all over again. I needed more than just the movies, so I decided to read them all.
   Ryan read all of them while he was in Qatar, in about two months, all seven of them! I however, just finished the fifth one, it has taken me forever to read it because nothing at all was different from the movie and reading about the evil, sadistic things that bitch Umbridge did was way worse than just sitting through a two hour movie. So basically, I have not made my goal and probably won't finish reading the sixth book before the final movie comes out.
   The second part of the Deathly Hallows comes out on July 13th here and I am freaking PUMPED! I am kind of glad that I don't know what is going to happen because it should be fun for Ryan to see my reaction. I am sure that there will be tears, gasps, clapping and screaming. I am so in love with this story that I dream about them and wonder if I know the difference between reality and fiction.
   I just want to be able to clean my kitchen with a flick of my wand and I want to know what pumpkin juice tastes like. I would like to have a Harry Potter party, because yes, I am that big of a nerd but I know that I am not the only one out there, so who's with me?!
   I found a great website called harrypotterrecipes.net. It has recipes of things mentioned in the book, it has a recipe for pumpkin juice but I think that if I were to make a pumpkin juice it would have canned pumpkin, apple cider, canned pine apples and spiced rum with some extra nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves melded into it. Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment