Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not This Time Plus Size

   Today I want to share a little success story of my own. Just over a month ago I ordered a new swimsuit, since I broke the strap on my old one, in a size 16. I told Ryan that if I needed to I could take it in easily but really I didn't believe I would have to take it in at all. Although I refused to buy any of my clothing any larger than a 14 in reality I was 16, plus size.
   I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember and watched my mother and sister get larger and smaller when I have known them but the they too have struggled their entire lives. I guess you could say it was just something in the works for me.
   I had lost a lot of weight in high school which was the direct result of two P.E classes including one that required at least a mile run every class and sometimes upwards of four.  I didn't really notice how much weight I lost even when I was getting way more attention from boy than ever before. I didn't really know I was slim until I found out that I was the same size as all of my friends! It was great, we all traded clothes and went shopping together and I didn't have to be embarrassed about not being able to fit in any clothes from places like Holister and Abercrombie.
   I moved to Boise for about a year and I worked at a desk job that rewarded us with candy every time we did something they liked, like full size snicker bars. I got this idea in my head that I couldn't gain the weight I had lost back and the I ate reflected that insane state of mind. I would eat twice as much as I should have been, always in a constant super full, bloated state. I gained 40 pounds and went from a size 10 to a 14 in about 9 months. All of my hard work went down the tubes.
   When I arrived in Abu Dhabi I weighed 214 pounds and as of now I am 198. I am officially under the 200 pound mark for the first time in two years and it feels awesome. All I needed was the motivation of losing that first five pounds to keep me going and also hearing about how my sister is now 45 pounds lighter and my best friend is just under 100 pounds lighter.
   My tummy is flatter and doesn't roll over my pants anymore. I am not uncomfortable in my own skin, I feel like I breath again. I can't wait to get home and try on old jeans and trade clothes with Ryan's little sister! So not this time plus size section! I narrowly escaped you and I am not coming back your way!

4 comments:

  1. I have had the same problem for many years. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your weight lost. I been struggling with my weight for years so I decide to get gastric bypass on march 10 2015 is my surgery day #scare

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Im just starting my journey in hopes of getting rid of 50lbs by March 2016

    ReplyDelete