Monday, July 25, 2011

Packing

   I made sure before I came here to pack light because I knew that I would come home with more than I came here with. Well that more is looking like a lot more than I had intended and my suitcase has seen better days...
   I had to trade in my regular carry on suitcase on wheels because the zipper popped on it and had to take my trusty Jansport back pack, that thing will never break. I have had this suitcase set since I graduated from high-school, my grandparents on my mom's side give them to everyone when they graduate, I got the 3- piece because I am extra special. ;) I think that one of my friends has my larger one and I have the middle sized one.
   When I was trying to clean up our room a bit I zipped Ryan's huge back pack inside of my suitcase and I am pretty sure the zipper popped open but I chose to ignore it because I really don't want to buy a new one here, it would probably cost $4,000 dollars because it came from Louis Viton... Also, if I don't buy a suitcase so quickly after my last one breaks I might not have to get on a plane for a long time, wouldn't that be a treat?
    I know that lots of you would love to travel like I do, I know that when I was living in Twin Falls thats all I wanted to do but now I just wish that I could stay in one place for more than a year. I wish that I could plan parties and be able to say that I will come to whatever event that may be in the future. I wish that I had the time to be at my house making it a home and time to finish projects. Opening up my closet, looking through all of my clothes getting ready for my day would be such a treat, rather then opening up my suitcase...
    I guess that one good thing that has come from traveling so many times is that I am pretty good at packing and I know all of the rules about airports.

  • Also pack at least one change of clothes in your carry on, I usually pack 3 or 4 pairs of underwear, a pair of jeans and a couple of t-shirts. Trust me, at some point your luggage will get lost. Mine was lost for a week while I was in Germany. 
  • If you are worried about your check in being too heavy, pack things like jeans and books in your carry on, it will make a huge difference. 
  • You can pack liquid toiletries but they have to be in your checked in luggage, something I did not know. 
  • Also pack your eye shadows and pressed powders in your carry on. When I return home I will be exchanging my UD Midnight Cowboy Rides Again for the 3rd time. 

  • Put a sweater in your carry on, planes get cold. One time this little baby curled up in mine, most precious thing I have ever seen, especially since I was sure that baby would be crying my ear the whole flight. 
  • Have a visa debit or credit card. You will get hungry and you probably will be in a different country when it happens. 
   So I guess that when I get home I will be spending some of my tattoo money on a new suitcase, hopefully it makes across the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment